Blockchain is a secure, shared, distributed ledger that can be public, private, or consortium
Secure – Uses cryptography to create transactions that are impervious to fraud and establishes a shared truth.
Shared – Blockchain value is directly linked to the number of organizations or companies that participate in them. There is huge value for even the fiercest of competitors to participate with each other in these shared database implementations.
Distributed – There are many replicas of the blockchain database. In fact, the more replicas there are the more authentic it becomes.
Ledger – The database is append only so it is an immutable record of every transaction that occurs.
Microsoft is implementing a three part strategy
- Build and learn from key partner-driven POCs built on top of various blockchain technologies
- Grow the blockchain marketplace ecosystem & artifacts together with our partners & customers
- Develop key Azure blockchain middleware services to ensure the infrastructure is enterprise ready
Project Bletchley middleware and cryptlets
Project Bletchley is the code name for extending blockchain by creating both new middleware as well as secure cryptlets. The Project can be connected to many different ledgers and existing external and internal services to enable a robust blockchain ecosystem for the enterprise.
How do you get started?
– SIGN UP FOR AN AZURE ACCOUNT
– JOIN THE MICROSOFT BLOCKCHAIN ADVISORY YAMMER GROUP
– ONCE YOU FEEL CONFIDENT, ESTABLISH A LAB