You can now download the latest version of Power BI Desktop.
Microsoft has announced the fresh new features they are launching this month, as the first update of the new year. The links beside each update mean the following:
- Some features have an [article] that provides more detail.
- Most features are explained in the monthly update [blog]
- Lastly, some features are self-explanatory and don’t need and article or video.
You can also watch the Latest Updates video from the beginning, right inside this article, by clicking on the play icon on the video image found below the list of updates.
The following updates are new to Power BI Desktop this month:
- Table and matrix conditional formatting improvement – blank formatting [blog]
- New aggregations for string and dateTime columns [blog]
- Table header word wrap [blog]
- General Availability (GA) of Phone reports [blog]
- New or enhanced data connectors :
Query Editing improvements
- New transform: extract values from a nested list [blog]
NOTE: You can also check out all the data sources available to Power BI Desktop; our list is always growing, so check back often.
Want more information about these updates? Take a look at the blog post, where you can get more detailed information about each of these new features (this is the same blog post references in the list above).
The following video describes and shows each of these updates. You can also see the video from the blog post.
Like learning about Power BI through videos and other engaging content? Check out the following collection of video sources and content.
- Power BI channel– Power BI on YouTube
- Guy in a Cube channel– fresh videos on Power BI features and capabilities
- Guided Learning for Power BI– a sequential learning tour of Power BI, in bite-size pieces
Previous months’ updates
Looking for previous months’ updates? You can find them in the Power BI Desktop Monthly Updates archive article.