|SharePoint Foundation 2013
SharePoint Server 2013
March 14, 2017, cumulative update for SharePoint Foundation 2013 (KB3172456)
Note This is build 15.0.4911.1001 of the cumulative update package.
We recommend that you test those hotfixes before you deploy them in a production environment. Because the builds are cumulative, each new release contains all the hotfixes and security updates that were included with the previous SharePoint Foundation 2013 update package releases.
Important notes about the cumulative update package
- The Microsoft Office 2013 hotfixes are now multilingual. This cumulative update package contains updates for all languages.
- This cumulative update package includes all the server component packages. Additionally, this cumulative update package updates only those components that are installed on the system.
This cumulative update package includes cloud hybrid search capability to SharePoint Server 2013. Learn about cloud hybrid search for SharePoint
This update also fixes the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
MS17-014: Description of the security update for SharePoint Foundation 2013: March 14, 2017
This security update contains improvements and fixes for the following nonsecurity issues:
- When you browse to the action links of a question or answer (such as the Edit or Reply link) in a discussions list, no context of that message appear in the action links. Therefore, screen readers can’t detect the context of the message that you focus on. The update adds a simple text string to all action links that are part of the message body.
- In an announcements list, the email attachment of an email item is lost if the attached .eml file title contains specific characters.
- After you enter and format text in a table of a content editor web part in a site in Internet Explorer, Internet Explorer scrolls the page unexpectedly.
- If your permission isn’t enabled on the Manage Permissions page, you don’t receive email notification as expected even if you are granted permissions.
- When you try to apply a filter to a list view, you receive the following error message if this view is grouped by a calculated column:
SqlError: ‘ORDER BY items must appear in the select list if SELECT DISTINCT is specified.
- After you migrate from classic-mode to claims-based authentication in Microsoft SharePoint 2013, you receive an exception when you try to access the SPFileVersion.CreatedBy property of a document.
- When the subject line of a SharePoint alert email is longer than 75 characters and contains a mix of single-byte and double-byte characters, a carriage return line feed (CLRF) can occur between the two bytes of a double-bite character, causing the string to get corrupted..
- Headings structure is incorrect in blogs basic view.
- When you start a crawl for a web application that’s migrated from SharePoint Server 2010, the crawl fails, and the content isn’t searchable. This issue occurs because the connector retrieves the TenantId property two times.
- When you open a document in Word Web App, you receive the following error message if there are special characters in the URL of the document:
Sorry, there was a problem and we can’t open this document.
- When you try to restore a site that’s backed up in a site collection, you receive the following error message if the site collection lock is set to No Access:
Access to the web site has been blocked. The site isn’t accessible and isn’t displayed on Central Admin.
- It’s difficult for a screen reader to understand the structure between sections on a discussion board because there’s only one heading. This update adds h2 and h3 labels to discussion boards for better screen reading.
- In SharePoint Server 2013 on-premises, you can’t not be redirected to SharePoint Online to create sites.
March 14, 2017, update for SharePoint Server 2013 (KB3178644)
Translates some terms in multiple languages to make sure that the meaning is accurate.
March 14, 2017, update for SharePoint Server 2013 (KB3162061)
- Improves the cache update efficiency of the Alternative Access Mapping (AAM) feature in a search.
- Adds translations for several group membership strings in multiple languages.
- Translates some terms in multiple languages to make sure that the meaning is accurate.
- This update fixes the following issues:
March 14, 2017, cumulative update for SharePoint Server 2013 (KB3172497)
This cumulative update package includes cloud hybrid search capability to SharePoint Server 2013. Learn about cloud hybrid search for SharePoint.
This update also fixes the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
MS17-014: Description of the security update for Excel Services on SharePoint Server 2013: March 14, 2017